Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Humility

Humility
Chorus:
Don't cry
It's alright
I'll be there with you
Even if the sky's gone black
And though you can't see me
Just know that I hold your hand
So please don't cry
For me.
Verse I:
I know I never stayed at home
I know I was a whore
The things I thought were real to me
Are now the things I hate.
I was the one who needed help, I know,
As I pour myself a beer;
Drowning in myself I only pushed you away.
But the further I pushed, the harder you tried.
(And now I say)
(chorus repeat)
Verse II:
It seems that now the clocks are off,
Time seems to have stopped;
This I fear to be my fault:
I always slowed you down.
But even after you had gone
And I had found myself
I can't get time to move again
I'm in perpetual monotony
(And now I sing)
(chorus repeat)
(instrumental break)
Bridge:
It's getting late, I told you then, pulling on my coat;
A self induced, sick euphoria clouding up my brain.
A sardonic smile and a slurred goodbye was all it took
For you to start to cry for me.
(And now I cry)
(chorus repeat)
(c) Roxanna 2006
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This picture is from the Pictures of Walls website.
After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.
-Aldous Huxley

No comments: