Thursday, March 22, 2007

Sick Sick Sick.

That is what I am. What an awful way to spend the first day of Spring; laying around with a pulsing headache and red throat, with only aspirin for comfort. And I am still sick the day after.

What is even more awful about this is that next week on Friday I have the NATS competition. Yes, it's that time of year again; I am much more prepared and bet it will be great, but my throat has to get better. If I talk too much I'm going to lose it and then I'll be screwed.

Anyway. I'll give a full report on the outcome of the competition when it's all over.

I don't think I've mentioned that I am, and have been for some time, considering Wicca as a good religion for me. I've been reading about it a lot over the past year, and the more I read the more I think it suits me. Yesterday I got to read a bit about Ostara, a Wiccan holiday celebrating Spring and the renewal of life, from one of my books, a work by Scott Cunningham. He's an excellent writer, and really makes Wicca easy to understand.

But I think that once I have some space to experiment with the religion, perhaps practice casting a circle and such, I'll be able to make a decision whether it is right for me.

Aside from that, there isn't a whole lot going on right now. I have to figure out what classes I'm taking at Everett Community College next year, since I'm doing Running Start. It's a program that my high school and the college have worked out so people in grades 11 or higher can go to community college for high school and college credit. I'm going to do it, but I have no idea how to figure out my classes or what to take, and it's just stressful. I'm not going to worry about it too much; I know it'll get done before the deadline, which is May 1st.

Well, that's all for now. I'll post again after the competition with lavish details.

It is a fine thing to establish one's own religion in one's heart, not to be dependent on tradition and second-hand ideals. Life will seem to you, later, not a lesser, but a greater thing. -D.H. Lawrence, English Novelist, 1885-1930

No comments: